Sunday, June 13, 2010

Garden update.

I've been doing a lot of procrastinating w/regard to getting things planted this year. It has been pretty easy to do with the monsoon-like June we've been having.

While bringing the mail back to the house Thursday afternoon, I startled a robin out of one our strawberry planters. He'd been working over a ripe berry, which I picked and tossed into the yard for him to finish. Earlier in the year , Dad and I, (and by that I mean a 85/15 split, thanks Dad!) put up bird netting up the side of my house. I had plenty left over, so I was able to cover the strawberry plants in pretty short order using cut-offs from the tree house.

I should throw a planter box with something in it between these two.


Today, the family and I made a trip to to pick up a couple tomato plants and some more flowers. Libby fell asleep on the way back, but Abby stayed awake to help me plant them.


Clockwise from the top left: Cherry tomato, a bean Abby planted at her school, regular tomato, then Marigolds and Lobelia the rest of the way around. In the middle are two cucumbers give to us by our neighbors.


From left to right: strawberries, strawberries, blueberry, blueberry, vegetable/flower box.

No comments: