Sunday, September 4, 2011

Camping in Laverne Park...days 1-3!

August 22-27, we loaded up the kids and headed to Coos County to Laverne Park for our now annual camping trip with my Aunt Kathy, Uncle David, cousin Carrie and her boys Brenden and Jacob. Last year, we were at Laverne Park, too. The year before, we went to Honeyman Park. This year, my sister, Rhonda, joined us for three days and my parents came up daily. It was great. The weather was perfect, and we got to swim three of the five days we were there. On Thursday, Bill and I loaded up all the kids and took a day trip to Winston to the Wildlife Safari. The post for that to follow.

Here is Rhonda and Carrie setting up their tent.


Playing with the boats that Bill built in the water near the campsites.

Libby and Aunt Rhonda.






Early morning relaxing. We all spent some time working on crossword puzzles and word finds. I discovered that I'm terrible at crossword puzzles and that my mom is a genius. Bill and I would start one (he's better than I am) and my mom would come through and do clean up...which means she did over half the puzzle. She's good.



Hot chocolate around the camp fire.

Bill making breakfast. He cooked at least part of breakfast every morning and it was great.



Bill and my Uncle David running radio control cars.


Bill built new boats for Brenden and Jacob. Here is Jacob and Aunt Kathy with one of them.


On the Friday before the trip, I met my mom and Rhonda in Eugene, where I passed off the girls. They got to spend a couple of days at Grandma and Gramps's and Bill and I got to see a movie, use up Barnes and Noble gift certificates from our birthdays, and try out a new restaurant for dinner. It worked out well for everyone!

Grandma with Brenden's toy gun. She a great shot.


Libby getting ready to swim.


Bill, Abby, and Libby floating.

Abby riding on Gramps and Jacob on the killer whale. Pay no attention to the time stamp in the corner. It is totally off!

Mommy and Libby!

Libby, Aunt Kathy, and Aunt Carrie. Kisses for Aunt Carrie?

Getting closer...
Nope!

Abby went in to change out of her bathing suit and when I went to check on her, I found this. She slept for almost three hours like that. Too much fun!

No comments: