Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Removing carpet, testing paint.

Today I stopped by Metro Paint at lunch and picked up 4 gallons of their recycled latex. They are only a few blocks away from me on Swan Island, so it was a quick trip. I picked up light blue, light green, light gray, and "sweet corn." The others have catchy names too, but I can't remember them now. But at $8/gal, I'm hoping at least some of it works.

Kricket thinks the green looks like slime and doesn't want to use it.


She said the "sweet corn" would be OK for one of the bathrooms, but not for the living room.

"Daddy, you put a smiley face on the wall!"


Doug, Joy and Michael came over to see the new house, and to bring us dinner! Abby had a great time playing with Michael.

Kricket liked the light blue. I'm not sure where we'll use it. Maybe the "sky" parts of Abby's room.


Doug was upset that the area in which the deck will be rebuilt was level and free of debris. He thought that it should be more of a challenge.

Doug offered to help pull up the dining and living room carpets, so I took him up on the offer. The carpet itself came up pretty easy, and we were able to roll it up and stuff it in the garage. The pad came up, sans staples, that I went after with needle-nose pliers while Doug worked on pulling the tack strips.

Here I am, making it look easy.

Doug was game to stay longer, but I've got to be up early to pick up the trailer, and head up to Woodland to pick up a bed from Kat and Eric after work tomorrow. I was also tired!

One carpet down, one(?) to go. While we were pulling this carpet and pad, we were greeted by 20 some years of accumulated odor, stains and what not. Kricket is currently debating changing out more floors than just the living room, kitchen, dining rooms.

Up next: more paint, finally remove the rest of the shelving in the garage, rent a dumpster?, more paint.

No comments: