Sunday, July 27, 2008

Flooring, PowerWheels, Bath and Beyond!

Dad was the first person to spend a night in our house, and he "slept like a log." He did a lot of work yesterday, so I"m not surprised. We went out to brekkie at the Shari's down the street and started to work on the house around 10 a.m.

The first thing Doug and I did was to go pick up a Barbie Jeep PowerWheels that I found for free on craigslist. It is in the garage charging right now, so we'll see how it runs tomorrow.

Next stop was Costco to pick up our flooring. 24 cases of maple laminate floor to cover our living room, dining room, and kitchen. After Doug and I had is loaded into the Landcruiser, (PowerWheels on the roof!) we had nice drive back to Tualatin.

Wasting no time, Doug and I started laying the flooring down in the living room. I was damn glad to have Doug's help, as he had done it before (at his place, ) and was very encouraging.

This particular style of laminate floor had the underlayment foam attached to each piece, so we didn't need to mess around with another layer of stuff under the flooring.

Doug, doing the relief for the heating ducts.

Before:


After:

It's Miller time! Or, in this case, Corona and Kokanee.

Abby showing Doug a scary face.


There's a smile from my girl!


Kricket, Joy, Abby and Michael took a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and brought home curtain and a new shower rod and curtain. We were treated to a deli style lunch, roast beast on sourdough for me thank you!

After Kricket and Joy took their respective young'ns to their respective homes, Doug and I worked some more, laying between 1/2 to 2/3 of the dining room before I, (and my knees,) called it quits for the evening.

Next: finish the floor, paint the trim, put it back. Finally get to my garage!

No comments: