Friday, April 9, 2010

Working on the tree house

After being sick last weekend, and not doing any work on the tree house I was happy to get back to work on it this afternoon.

I built up the roof frame, and then cut the plywood pieces to fit it.



Libby thought it was pretty fun to come out and go underneath the roof.


After that, I built up the remaining wall and then fastened all the walls together temporarily. I drug the roof frame around to the side in preparation to pulling it up into position to make sure everything fits.


I'm kicking myself now for not taking some picture of putting the roof on! Frank and Delphine came up to visit and brought their Pullz-all for me to use, (which I should have remembered when I put the frame up in the tree!)

You can see the Pullz-all laying on the deck below.


Everything fits well, which is always nice. The birdsmouth notches I cut into the rafters sit right on the walls.



Now I just have to take this...


...and put it up there!


Next on the list is to knock it back down, and cut the OSB panels I have to fit the walls. That will be a lot easier to do on the deck, than when it's up in the tree!

Below is the pile of cut pieces that I'm starting to amass. The stained glass window is one that Frank found at a garage sale a year or so ago, and will be installed above the entry door.


Abby and I were brainstorming some treehouse features last night. It sounds like we'll have a trap door in the floor leading to a secret compartment, Millennium Falcon style!

No comments: