Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good progress yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I dismantled the tree house on the deck, and started cutting the OSB siding to fit.

I'm going to leave the siding off this wall, (facing into the back yard,) so I can continue to pass things, (ladders, wood, etc.,) through more easily.


Street side wall.



Cutting siding for the door-wall.



The next task was to get the walls up on to the platform. I started with the back wall, 8' x 8', no windows, (as it faces the back yard of one of our neighbors. I leaned it up against the platform and then shoved it up onto the platform. Once there, I stood it up and tied it off to a tree trunk.


Next was the street side wall, (which is already laying down on the platform in the picture above.) I used the same procedure as before, and tied it off. I then screwed both of these walls down to the platform, and then to each other.


Next, the other sloped wall.


And last, the back yard wall. I way over built this wall, (it was the first one I did, back in December,) and even though it was the shortest, it was the heaviest!


Looking pretty good!





Next I started putting up the siding, street side first.


And then the opposite side.



Next: finish putting on the siding. Move the roof section over near the tree house, and then put the roofing material on it, (plywood, felt, and roll-roofing.) Then use the winch to yard that heavy beast up to the top.

1 comment:

Doug Heredos said...

This is an awesome tree house! Any plans for a water mist cooling system? :)