Saturday, December 26, 2009

Treehouse progress.

I've finally started back to work on the tree house. Replacing a section of floor in the downstairs bathroom pushed back, my schedule a couple days, so it was nice to have a sunny day and get to work outside.

Last Wednesday Dad and I went to see "Avatar" in 3D. It was pretty cool, and during some parts of the movie, it felt as though you could reach out and touch some of the stuff. That afternoon, we set up a work table on sawhorses in the garage and framed up a couple windows for the tree house.

Today I put the plywood floor on the frame, and then covered it with a tarp. I was able to put our little camp trailer underneath. Eventually, I'm hoping that it can be a repository for outside toys.





I'm planning on improving this view by the end of my Christmas break!


I just got done framing up the wall that faces into our backyard. The bright, dry wood Dad and I picked up at the Home Depot to do the windows. The rest of it I found on craigslist! The wood has been sitting out behind the house for a month or so, and I should have covered it, but didn't. The result today was boards that were frozen together, that subsequently turned slimy when I brought them into the "warm" garage to work with them. I'll be happy when they dry out, this thing is heavy!



I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow, because the VW you see in the backyard there is supposed to go into the garage on Monday to get worked on.

-Bill

No comments: