Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ice Skating!

Last year, Carrie and I took the kids bowling. This year, we decided to be brave again and took them ice skating. It was fun, but I think my first trip around the skating rink was the longest in recorded history. I told Carrie that I thought it was like 40 minutes, but I may have been exaggerating just a little bit. Libby was very excited about going and was enthusiastic to get out on the ice again after every break. Abby, not as much. Here's Libby raring to go while Carrie gets Jacob's skates on.


Carrie, Brenden, and Libby.
Crash!


Libby!

Abby!


Abby spent a lot of time hanging on the wall like this.

For a first time skater, Brenden picked it up pretty quickly.

She may not have been much of a skater, but she sure is cute!

Abby was so proud when she finally made it all the way around by herself.


Snack time! All the kids talked us into ice cream, even though their hands were frozen.








Abby actually off the wall!

Brenden!


Carrie and Jacob!
An entertaining time was had by all. I'm trying to talk Carrie into rollerskating next time. I'm not sure that she's going for it.

No comments: