Sunday, June 21, 2009

Backyard Camping with the big girl!

I've been trying to have a campout in the back yard with Abby for a few weeks now, but we just haven't been able to make it work out until last night. After Dad headed home, I put away all of the tools and then set up a little dome tent in the back yard.



We brought out sleeping pads, pillows, books, and blankets and had a great time. We read many books, (heavy on the Sesame Street,) and told stories. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before she did, (you can see the top of her head there,) though I got up much earlier!


After a while, I could hear Libby upstairs, and soon Kricket brought her down!


It was relatively cold this morning, and my flip-flop clad feet were getting cold while I was outside reading a book. So, since we were camping, and because the unnecessarily complex solution appeals to me, I made fire pit out of spare cinder-blocks and then build a small fire in it. I must confess that I never could have guessed that I'd be able to use the phrase "spare cinder blocks."


This was the best Father's Day ever!

No comments: